High Dependency Ambulance Service
Medical Services has a fleet of High Dependency Ambulances and skilled Emergency Medical Technicians available throughout England and Wales, day or night. Our HDU service is not an alternative emergency service; instead we offer a professional, caring transport service for patients with a higher clinical need, paediatric and bariatric journey, as well as specialist clinical teams who need to accompany a seriously ill patient.
We offer :
- Reliable 24 hour service
- Patient focused and caring staff
- Trained and skilled ambulance crews
- Safe continuation of care for your patients
- Modern well maintained vehicles and equipment
- Neonatal transfer services, using incubators or pods
- Highest standards of patient care, infection control and safety
- Emergency Department or Discharge
- Lounge standby vehicles
- Nationwide coverage from our 23 depots in England and Wales
Our HDU vehicles are staffed with IHCD trained Emergency Medical Technician crews for the transfer of stable patients between home or hospital. As we have our own IHCD accredited training centre, we are able to ensure that our own ambulance crews are to the exacting IHCD standards in pre hospital trauma and medical care, as required by the NHS.
All our HDU ambulances are equipped to A&E standard; e.g. Heart monitors, SATs monitors, automated external defibrillators, suction units, carry chairs, piped O2 and Entonox. Additionally we have new, purpose built bariatric vehicles, stretchers and wheelchairs. Our vehicles are fitted with satellite tracking, mobile phone and radio communications.