Facts and Figures
Medical Services Ltd is the leading independent provider of patient transport services to the NHS & private healthcare sector.
- Turnover in excess of £30 million
- Contracts with more than 30 NHS Trusts and providing local ad hoc on-demand services to 60 further trusts
- Provides patient transport to a growing list of private hospitals including BMI Healthcare, and HCA International
- Employs more than 1,100 people trained and qualified to equivalent NHS standards
- Operates from ambulance stations in Bow - East London, Alperton - West London, Edmonton - North London as well as Luton (Beds) and regional hubs in Warrington, Shropshire, Birmingham, and Swansea
- Fleet of over 650 specially equipped ambulances, stretcher vehicles and wheelchair accessible cars
- Ambulances are satellite tracked, linking into a state of the art secure booking and control system via the NHS N3 network; the system can offer online assessment of patients’ specific transport needs
- Services include specialist transport to and from hospital for walking, wheelchair, stretcher, bariatric and high dependency patients.